Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jenna Jameson Size Matters





You know that the Government of Patxi Lopez has proposed doing away with the symbols pro-ETA on our streets, which has caused a few incidents in the Bilbao Aste Nagusia. Well, I'm going to throw a comment:

is a sensitive issue for me, because I live in Bilbao La Vieja, one of the neighborhoods most plagued Bilbao posters and graffiti (for example, Txeroki Askatu ) and even two facades beyond my building is a huge painted with the symbol of ETA. Yes, I have the misfortune to see everyday the fucking snake and ax. I hope that soon, because today I have decided to call the Ertzaintza to request the deletion. I'll tell you.

However, I think the Government has mounted a counter Paripe. I sincerely believe that political marketing has given priority to efficiency. Do we need so staging? I have not seen so much symbolism in the streets of Bilbao as this year so (and look which sucks) I somewhat agree with Egibar . One argument that has convinced me is that the efficiency will come when those who dedicate themselves to pass the bill painted them astronomical fines convince them not to return to their old ways. Sounds good, but I do not tackle the real problem.

In my opinion, the message needs to be placed on a minority that does advocate violence, but a majority still do not feel able to distance himself from it and criticize it in an open and standardized. I think the important thing is to make childcare so that more citizens like me to call the police for graffiti to erase or remove the bitter sign them every day. Moreover, we must awaken from anesthesia that people who do not support ETA but for those symbols go unnoticed, perfectly integrated into the urban landscape in which they grew.

hateful fundamentalists will always exist. I think the key is to make it the citizenry to demand openly and forcefully advocating freedom from terrorism. To express our outrage with the same ease that when we find a swastika or posters misogynist anti-feminist revolution that swept Bilbao recently. Start a sign that offends us, put a NO ETA on Facebook or express our pacifist convictions and for human rights when it comes to speaking the so-called Basque conflict no longer small revolutions daily.

Today a fellow blogger Jet Lag Bilbao has posted a video on a performance in which people intended to wear a shirt with the legend ETATREGUA. I await your opinions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment